With a new year starting, I thought it would be a good time to let you know how you can get your Jazz@Rochester in addition to here on the interwebs. I like to try and provide readers with as many different avenues to access what I hope is useful information about live jazz in and around Rochester, New York.
In addition to visiting the site itself, you can get your Jazz@Rochester in various ways:
- Jazz@Rochester via Email. About 350 of you get our posts delivered via email. I use MailChimp for my email subscribers. To get started, click on the image of an envelope toward the top of the middle column on your right and follow the directions. Click on the link in the email that you will be sent to confirm your email address and make sure it is not getting put into your spam folder. By the way, I will not sell, spam or otherwise use the email addresses entered in there without your permission and you can unsubscribe any time. If you thought you signed up for my emails but are no longer receiving them, let me know.
- Jazz@Rochester via a Feed. A number of you have put the feed for Jazz@Rochester in a feed reader, such as Feedly. To do that, you can click on the orange RSS feed icon directly under the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" heading or just paste the URL for the blog into your feed reader.
- Jazz@Rochester on Twitter. Jazz@Rochester is on Twitter under the handle @jazzrochester Almost 9,500 Twitter users are following us. In addition to tweets of every post on Jazz@Rochester, you'll also find a vibrant jazz community on Twitter with artists, jazz bloggers and jazz organizations from all over the world. I also try to bring interesting jazz links and information about local jazz and jazz artists. You can access the feed on Twitter by clicking on the Twitter icon in the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" area in the center column. Local Rochester artists and jazz venues should let me know their Twitter handles.
- Jazz@Rochester Page on Facebook. About 650 folks have "liked" the Jazz@Rochester page on Facebook. I created a Facebook page because so many use Facebook as their platform of choice. The posts published on the blog are automatically added, pluse I share a number of jazz links and information about local jazz events. Feel free to add your own two cents in about the Rochester jazz scene (and Rochester artists can feel free to do so as well and add their events to the page). I'd appreciate it if you'd head over to the page and "like" us there, even if you're getting the content some other way. You can get to the page by clicking on the Facebook icon in the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" area in the center column or the link above and then "Like" the page.
- Jazz@Rochester on Google+: You can access it by clicking on the G+ icon under Connect with Jazz@Rochester. If more people start interacting there, I may have to get more involved there...
- Jazz@Rochester YouTube Channel. On this channel I'm beginning to collect video of Rochester jazz artists performances and performances from the Rochester International Jazz Festival. I also subscribe to several jazz-related video feeds. Feel free to let me know about video you've found that can be added there. Access it by clicking on the YouTube icon in the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" area in the center column.
Some other notes on how we roll:
- Jazz@Rochester is Mobile. The site is mobile-enabled and it should send you to the mobile site if you connect from a smartphone. If not, point it to m.jazzrochester.com. Please note that this sometimes does not update as quickly as the page itself.
- Rochester Jazz Artists & Groups. I try to link to the websites of local jazz artists and groups. Just click on the button at the top of the page.
- I am trying to reach out directly to local jazz musicians and venues that regularly show live jazz through an email list. Sign up by clicking on the For Jazz Artists & Venues button above and clicking one of the links at the end of the page for artists or venues.
- Rochester Sounds. I'm trying to hook you up with CDs from local Rochester artists or artists with deep ties here. Just click on the Rochester Jazz Sounds button above.
- Links. I've collected a number of links over the years to jazz information, media and other resources. I also try to add other resources that feed links to other jazz-related information.
- Looking Backward? You can use the search box just under the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" to find posts that include a particular artist or click on a category or monthly archive link in the left column to browse through posts.
Feel free to comment on any post, but keep it nice and try to connect it to the post itself (for example, if you went to see one of the listed gigs, let us know what you thought...). Let me know about what works and doesn't work by sending us a question via email through the "Contact Us" button above. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... here, via email, on Twitter, on Facebook, by commenting on a post, or even if you see me at a gig.
So subscribe, "like," or otherwise consume the content here any way that works for you. I'll just try to focus on getting you information about live jazz in Rochester.