Led by co-founders Rob DeBoer and Tony Grace, Toronto-based Four80East return again to the Exodus To Jazz series on Saturday, October 18th at the Zeppa Auditorium at German House. Since their first release in 1997, Rob DeBoer and Tony Grace of Four80East have created music that has kept the band a mainstay on contemporary jazz radio and touring circuits, and in five subsequent releases. They will be joined by saxophonist Jeff Kashiwa and guitarist Matt Marshak.
Paradigm Shift will be opening for Four80East with their signature soul jazz groove. Paradigm Shift is guitarist Mel Henderson, keyboardist Gerry Youngman bringing that B3 sound, and Sean Jefferson holding it down on drums. Paradigm Shift maintains an active national and international touring schedule, as well as playing throughout the Rochester area (as readers will see several times recently at which yours truly was present).
For one admission, you will get two 50-60 minute sets from Four80East, plus Paradigm Shift! Here's the skinny on the event:
- Venue: Zeppa Auditorium at German House, 315 Gregory Street, Rochester
- Concert Time: Four80East begins at 8:00pm, with doors opening at 7:00pm. Paradigm Shift will be playing at 7:10 pm.
- Tickets prices are Patron $40; General Admission $28. Buy pre-concert tickets at Brown Paper Tickets or at the door. All pre-concert tickets will be available at the Will Call desk. See the Brown Paper Tickets site for more information about seating options and other opportunties for those that dine at Zeppa Bistro.
Update October 15th:
Parking for visitors to events at the German House/Zeppa Bistro & Auditorium is welcome at the locations below (all in ROC and 14620 zip):
- Postler & Jaeckle Corp, 615 South Avenue
- Saint Boniface Church, 330 Gregory Street
- Emanuel Church of Jesus Apostolic Faith, 295 Gregory Street