I thought I'd add this feature post at the top of the blog to guide you to my previously published posts for each evening of the XRIJF. As always, these picks reflect my own eclectic tastes in music. I may play a jazz blogger on the Internet, but I have a wide range of musical interests and a hunger to hear new sounds and stretch. They are generally possible to hear in one night (that would be with an emphasis on "generally"...you may have to miss part of one to make another and there are some where you just have to make a choice). In each post, I try to add some additional links, especially to video of the artists performing to give you a taste of their art so you know what you're getting when you go to hear:
- XRIJF, Day 1: The skinny on my jazz festival and some picks for Friday, June 20th - Jazz@Rochester
- XRIJF, Day 2: What I'll be trying to hear at the festival on June 21st - Jazz@Rochester
- XRIJF, Day 3: Opening your ears to who you don't know on June 22nd ... - Jazz@Rochester
- XRIJF, Day 4: Monday of the festival is a heady brew of jazz ....
- XRIJF, Day 5: From Cannonball to creole, the XRIJF is a smorgasboard of sound .... - Jazz@Rochester
- XRIJF, Day 6: Only three more days of the festival to go, will I make it? Stay tuned... - Jazz@Rochester
- The music I wanna hear on June 26th of the XRIJF .... - Jazz@Rochester
- A two-fer mega-post as XRIJF arrives ... what I'll be hearing on June 27th and June 28th - Jazz@Rochester
There are so many great choices each night to fit any taste, so check out the full XRIJF listings and make your own decisions. Let us know what you think in the comments to this or the individual posts, especially if you saw one of the picks.
If you want to check out some of the "back story" from the artists at this year's festival on Twitter, you can follow their tweets on a separate page of the blog where I've embedded the Jazz@Rochester Twitter "stream."