Exodus to Jazz will be presenting the Freddy Cole Quartet at the Clarion Hotel Riverside with two shows on Friday, March 14, 2008. Cole will be joined by drummer Curtis Boyd, guitarist Randy Napoleon and bassist Elias Bailey. The brother of Nat King Cole, Freddy Cole is the real deal and a singer with a wonderful voice (Tony Bennett called him "without a doubt one of our greatest singers.” The shows will be at 7:00 pm and 9:00 pm. at The Clarion Hotel Riverside, 120 East Main Street, Rochester, New York 14604.
Tickets are $ 20.00 at TicketWeb.com (search for “Freddy Cole” or “Exodus To Jazz”) or at the door, night of show. Tickets can also be reserved with an email sent to: ExodusToJazz@aol.com (you will receive an email confirmation within 24 hours). Student tickets are $ 10.00 with a current ID. Tickets are available for purchase and pick-up at the Ticketing/Will Call desk beginning at 6:00 PM. Jose DaCosta, the man who's bringing us the Exodus to Jazz series has announced some additional "enticements" to this new venue: First, Clarion Riverside Hotel parking will be FREE for Exodus To Jazz patrons by showing the parking attendant a copy of your TicketWeb.com receipt or a copy of the “Artist Highlights” page from ExodusToJazz.com. There will be reasonably priced hor d’oeuvres buffet available in the Skyway Lobby (adjacent to the Genesee Suites) beginning at 6:00 p.m. and before the 9:00 show. Finally, there will be dance floor for those who feel it necessary to strut their stuff while Mr. Cole struts his (check out this video of Freddy Cole to bet a taste).
Jose has also challenged those who have been patrons of Exodus to Jazz to turn more folks on to this excellent jazz series. If you have attended at least one Exodus To Jazz show in the past, you eligible for a discounts for the ETJ shows on March 14 and March 28, 2008. Bring ONE new patron with you:
- You get a 50% discount on your ticket (i.e., your guest pays $20, you pay $10).
- Bring 2 new patrons: You get a 75% discount on your ticket (i.e., your guests pay $20 each, you pay $5).
- Bring 3 or more new patrons: You get a FREE ticket (your guests pay $20 each, you pay $0!).
- If your guests include students, than two students equate to one regular, full price patron; therefore: Bring 2 new student patrons with you: You get a 50% discount on your ticket (your student guests pay $10 each, you pay $10)
- Bring 4 new patrons (two students & two non-students): You get a Free ticket (your student guests pay $10 each, non-student guests pay $20 each, you pay $0!).
The Exodus To Jazz "Patron Honor Code" will prevail: If you and your guest(s) say the show is their first event, that is good enough for Jose. However, you must come with your guest(s) as a group. You will receive your discounted ticket at the Will Call/Ticket Desk prior to the show. No cash refunds will given for tickets purchased through TicketWeb.com under this incentive program. Come on out and help Jose and ETJ launch the Series at the new venue. Unfortunately, I am out of town and will not be able to join Jose with Freddy. But I'm aiming for the Helen Sung Quartet on March 28th.