I'm putting out a second post today of some of the other writing in and around the Rochester Jazz Festival surrounding the second day of the festival from local media. I may add some from my friends and other sources as they come up, so check back if you'd like to read some other voices about the artists on Day Two:
- Jack Garner took a look at the Dee Dee Bridgewater/Richard Bona sets in Eastman Theatre in Bridgewater, Bona offer two differing jazz fusions at the Rochester Jazz Festival.
- In City's Music Blog, Ron Netsky also takes a look at Bridgewater and other Day Two music in JAZZ BLOG 08, DAY 2: Better than them all.
- Frank DeBlase, also in City's blog looks at Stephanie McKay and some other music from Day Two in JAZZ BLOG 08, DAY 2: Yo Manny, drop that beat!
- Anna Reguero in the D&C's blog caught some of the action on the street and elsewhere in So much time and so little to do?
- Anna Reguero had an article in the Sunday D&C Rochester International Jazz Festival strives for happy growth
- Will Yurman is doing his great multimedia thing with photo/sound collages of each day of the RIJF Nine Nights, Nine Stories at the D&C's special jazz section. Check out each day as these are real treats and give a great taste of the sights and sounds of the jazz festival, as well as some insight into some of the artists (in this case Stephanie McKay).
- Ken's 2nd day is at Fretful Porpentine.