It's Friday and, even though its the holiday weekend, I have a fresh batch of links for you:
- WXXI's Mark Grube has some thoughts on the 50th anniversary edition of Miles Davis' Kind of Blue in a post titled Suibokugo.
- In a collaboration with Google, Life magazine has placed millions of photos from their archive online. At least 200 appear when searching for "jazz" (and if you're creative you might find more). The images can be purchased. (Thanks to David Marriott, Jr. at Red Raspus for the link).
- I really enjoyed seeing Dave Liebman Group during 2008's Rochester International Jazz Festival. Here's a review of his November 22nd concert at the Art of Jazz series at Buffalo's Albright-Knox Art Gallery.
- Can't get down to the Village to catch a set at the Village Vanguard? NPR's got you covered, with a new live performance recorded at the venerable NYC jazz club every month. November's offering is Ravi Coltrane Quartet.
- Bay Area bass player Chip Boaz (I was introduced to Chip on Twitter) is doing the Latin Jazz Corner blog, which looks at Latin jazz across the country. Look for it in my blogroll soon.
So take five and explore. Let me know what you think in the comments ....There will be five more next week.