I've been too crazy busy and traveling to get this out in the past couple of weeks or check my "jazz feeds" for more Take Five post material. I've got a few, though. Five, to be exact:
- Last month, jazz website All About Jazz put up its top 20 interviews of 2008 and Jason Crane had two on the list.
- For those of you who missed (or who caught) Gabriel Alegria's Sextet at the Exodus to Jazz Series on January 30th, here's Doug Ramsey's take in Rifftides.
- Some notes taken by saxophonist Steve Lacy of advice given by Thelonious Monk have been floating around the Internet. One of my favorites: "A note can be a small as a pin or as large as the world, it depends on your imagination." I found them on the blog The Adventures of an Accordian Man in the 21st Century.
- Have been starting to read Kellen Yamanaka's Song with Orange blog.
- Jazz.com now has a group on Facebook.
So take five and explore. Let me know what you think in the comments ....There will be five more next week.