Don't recall this ever happening before, but last night I opted to sit out a night of the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival. I decided to go home to my loving, but "jazz widow" spouse instead of hitting the Club Pass circuit and Kilbourn Hall. Due to work obligations she has been unable to join me at the festival this year. Looking at my Twitter feed and reading the reviews, it sounds like I missed some great music. Rested (well, relatively) and ready for the final two days! This time I'll just point you toward what others said about last night out there in the Democrat & Chronicle, City Newspaper, and any bloggers or other sources I can find, although none were found when this posted (I may add some later):
- City Newspaper, ROCHESTER JAZZ FESTIVAL 2009: Day 7: Monty Alexander, Tony Kofi, Michael McDonald, Ryan Shaw (Ron Netsky)
- City Newspaper, ROCHESTER JAZZ FESTIVAL 2009: Day 7: Brockport Community Big Band, Ryan Shaw, Michael McDonald, KJ Denhert (Saby Reyes-Kulkarni).
- City Newspaper, ROCHESTER JAZZ FESTIVAL 2009 BLOG: Day 7: Joe Baione Quartet (Dale Evans)
- Democrat & Chronicle, McDonald brings the past rocking to life (Jeff Spevak)
- Democrat & Chronicle, Friday's best bets at jazz fest (Jeff Spevak)
- Democrat & Chronicle, Upcoming jazz festival performers will have tough acts to follow (Jack Garner)
- Democrat & Chronicle, Taj Mahal performs tonight at Rochester International Jazz Festival (Jeff Spevak)
- D&C staff music writer Anna Reguero wrote quite a few posts on the D&C's HerRochester Arts blog last night starting here with RIJF Day 7 (when I posted, this post was actually on the second page of the blog, so after you read it you should click on the Arts Blog title to be taken back to the front page, where her posts end at 2:46 a.m. with a video of KJ Denhert at the after hours). In these posts there is also some video of Toni Kofi playing at the after hours and a nice post about Monty Alexander, among others.