Jazz@Rochester Picks for XRIJF 2012: Karrin Allyson
Jazz@Rochester Picks for XRIJF 2012: Local artists shine at XRIJF this year

Jazz Around Town: And you thought it would be another XRIJF artist post?

me in XRIJF tshirt with thumbJust because the Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival seems to suck all of the air out of the live jazz scene in and around Rochester doesn't mean some of our great local artists won't be playing in venues around Rochester. I always maintain my Wed. posts during the festival amongst my coverage of the festival itself. However, I urge caution as some of the regular gigs I list may not actually happen. If someone lets me know something is not happening, I'll cross it out on this post, so check back or contact the venue before you go (the sites for most of them are in the right panel). You will not find listings for the jazz fest in this post (although I aim to focus on local artists in a post very soon). There are many options for that, including later posts (and my current picks), the XRIJF site (just click on the logo in the middle panel), City Newspaper's Jazz Fest Guide, and movies, music, food and other goings on at The Little Theatre's Jazz Fest Free-for-All. Let me know of any changes or things I've missed.

I'm going to repeat last week's image because I'm ready for JAZZ FEST!

Thursday, June 21, 2012

• Interview with Gap Mangione @ 1370 Connection with Bob Smith, WXXI - 1370 AM, Noon
  • Jazz & Wine Happy Hour with The Swooners @ Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, 5:30 pm
  • Bob Henley @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant & Bar, 6:00 pm
  • The John Palocy Trio @ Bistro 135, 6:00 pm
  • El Rojo Jazz @ Lemoncello, 7:00 pm
  • Dino Dinicola @ Johnny’s Irish Pub, 7:00 pm
  • Lindsey Holland Quartet @ Tala Vera, 8:00 pm
  • Thursday Night Jam Sessions @ Abbott's Downtown, 8:00 pm

Friday, June 22, 2012 (The XRIJF begins!)

• Teagan Taylor Trio @ Cottage Hotel, Mendon, 4:00 pm
  • Bobby DiBaudo Trio @ Bistro 135, 6:00 pm
  • Gap Mangione, The Solo Piano Series @ Pier 45 at the Port of Rochester, 6:00 pm
  • Jim Nugent Trio @ Pomodoro Monroe, 7:00 pm

• Michael Vadala Trio @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant & Bar, 8:00 pm
  • Jimmie Highsmith Jr. @ Tala Vera Cantina, 8:00 pm
  • Special Blend @ Horizons at Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, 8:00 pm
  • Marco Amadio @ Pane Vino, 8:30 pm

Sunday, June 24, 2012

• Bill Slater Solo Piano (Brunch) @ Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, call for info
  • Karen Noble Hanson's Jazz Mass with The Metro Connection Jazz Group (Sarasota, FL) and Rochester Youth Instrumental Jazz Scholars @ St. Paul Episcopal Church, 10:00 am service and at Christ Church, 2:00 pm service
  • Katie Keys (Cufari) @ Lemoncello, 6:00 pm
  • Captain Marvel @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant & Bar, 6:00 pm
  • The Meta Accord @ Beale Street Cafe, 7:00 pm
  • Dino Dinicolo @ Lovin’ Cup, 7:00 pm (City profile)

Monday, June 25, 2012

• Mark Bader @ Bistro 135, 5:30 pm
  • Gap Mangione & The Solo Piano Series @ Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, 5:30 pm
  • Musician Showcase @ Lemoncello, 7:00 pm

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

• Tinted Image @ Woodcliff Hotel & Spa, 5:30 pm
  • Ben Torres @ Bistro 135, 6:00 pm
  • Andrew Marks @ Lemoncello, 8:00 pm
  • Mark Bader @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant & Bar, 6:00 pm

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

• Bobbie DiBaudo @ Black Dog Studios (entry at Swan St., near East), 5:30 pm added image
  • El Rojo Jazz @ Bistro 135, 6:00 pm
  • Marco Amadio @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant & Bar, 6:00 pm
  • Michael Vadala Trio @ Black Dog Studios (entry at Swan St., near East), 6:30 pm added image
  • Jim Nugent Trio @ Pier 45 at the Port of Rochester, Charlotte, 7:00 pm
  • Uptown Groove @ Little Theatre Cafe, 7:30 pm
  • Gabe Condon @ Tala Vera Cantina, 8:00 pm
  • Craig Snyder (?) @ Black Dog Studios (entry at Swan St., near East), 8:30 pm added image
  • Ben Monder (guitar) and Theo Bleckmann (voice) Duo @ Bernunzio's Uptown Music, 9:30 pm added image
  • Mel Henderson @ Black Dog Studios (entry at Swan St., near East), 10:00 pm added image
  • Miche Fambro @ Black Dog Studios (entry at Swan St., near East), 10:30 pm added image

Heads Up ... Look for these Jazz Gigs and Special Jazz Events in the Future

We've compiled these listings from information obtained from the performing artists themselves and other sources. The aim is to give you a one-stop place to find all your jazz in Rochester.The aim is to give you a one stop place to find all your jazz in Rochester. Only start times are listed, visit or call the venue for more details (the sites for many of the venues are in the right panel). Please forgive any discrepancies with reality and feel free to let me know what the problem is, and I'll get the corrections up on the site as soon as possible (click on the "Contact Us" button above). If you go out to hear a performance listed here, feel free to drop a comment to this post to let us know how it went. I want to hear from you!

This post was originally published on JazzRochester.

Comments

The comments to this entry are closed.