I like to try and provide you with as many different avenues for you to access Jazz@Rochester and what I hope is useful information about live jazz in and around Rochester. You can get the content of this blog in a number of ways, including:
- Visiting the Site Itself. You may have reached this blog by searching for "jazz in Rochester" or for a gig you've heard about, via word of mouth, an image, or merely by accident through your favorite search engine. You may just check in once in awhile, or check on Wednesday or Thursday to see what's coming in the next seven days. However, it is not the only way to visit.
- Jazz@Rochester via Email. About 300 of you get your Jazz@Rochester via email. By doing so, you receive every post that we publish via an email, with links and, usually, the image. If you'd like to receive the posts via an email, enter the email address you'd like to receive it on in the box to the right under "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" that is labeled "Enter your email address:" I do not sell, spam or otherwise use the email addresses entered in there. You will receive an email to confirm your email address. Click on the link and you're subscribed. You can quit your subscription at any time by clicking on a link at the bottom of each email.
- Jazz@Rochester via a Feed. More than 200 of you have put the feed for Jazz@Rochester in a feed reader, receiving a feed of the posts as they are published. To do that, you can click on the orange RSS feed icon directly under the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" heading. Choose the reader you use and it will pull the feed as they are published.
- Jazz@Rochester on Twitter. Jazz@Rochester is on Twitter under the handle @jazzrochester and almost 5,500 Twitter users are following the blog there. In addition to "tweets" that have a link to the posts published on the blog, I follow the jazz artists locally who are on Twitter (at least those who I know are on Twitter) and others in the jazz community here. They are in the Rochester Jazz Artist Twitter list. I also have a list of the artists appearing at the 2013 Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival. On my Jazz@Rochester Twitter feed you'll also find a vibrant jazz community on Twitter with artists, jazz bloggers and jazz organizations from all over the world and I try to bring them to you as well. Please let me know if there are other Rochester jazz artists who "tweet" so I can add them to the list and follow them. You can access the feed on Twitter by clicking on the Twitter icon in the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" area in the center column.
- Jazz@Rochester Page on Facebook. Over 500 folks have "liked" the Jazz@Rochester page on Facebook. I added this for the many of you who find Facebook your platform of choice, so you could would have access to the posts published on the blog as well as jazz links and for the local artists on FB to let you know what's going on with them. Feel free to add your two cents in about the Rochester jazz scene. I'd appreciate it if you'd head over to the page and "like" us there, even if you're getting the content some other way. You can get to the page by clicking on the Facebook icon in the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" area in the center column or the link above.
- Jazz@Rochester YouTube Channel. On this channel I'm beginning to collect video of Rochester jazz artists performances and performances from the Rochester International Jazz Festival. I also subscribe to several jazz-related video feeds. Feel free to let me know about video you've found that can be added there. Access it by clicking on the YouTube icon in the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" area in the center column.
- Jazz@Rochester is Mobile. The site is mobile enabled and it should send you to the mobile site if you connect from a smartphone. If not, point it to m.jazzrochester.com. Please note that this sometimes does not update as quickly as the page itself.
- Rochester Jazz Artists & Groups. I try to link to the websites of local jazz artists and groups. Just click on the tab at the top of this post.
- Rochester Sounds. I'm trying to hook you up with recent CDs from local Rochester artists. Just click on the Rochester Jazz Sounds button above.
- Links. I've collected a number of links over the years to jazz information, media and other resources. I also try to add other resources that feed links to other jazz-related information.
- Looking Backward? You can use the search box just under the "Connect with Jazz@Rochester" to find posts that include a particular artist or click on a category or monthly archive link in the left column to browse through posts.
So subscribe, "like," or otherwise consume the content here any way that works for you. I'll just focus on getting you information about live jazz in Rochester.
Feel free to send us a question or information via email by "Contact Us" button at the top of the blog under the banner. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... here, via email, on Twitter, on Facebook, by commenting on a post, or even if you see me at a gig.