JazzRochester has gone through a number of changes of the more than 10 years I've been publishing this blog. I like to try and provide readers with as many different avenues to access what we do here on JazzRochester. To that end, you can get your JazzRochester in a number of ways:
- Email. Over 350 of you get the posts on JazzRochester delivered via email. In addition to the posts on JazzRochester, I also may send an occasional email (VERY occasional) regarding special projects I launch for the blog or Rochester's live jazz scene. I use MailChimp to manage email subscriptions. To get us via email, click on the link at the top of the blog and fill out the form to get started. Click on the link in the email that you will be sent to confirm your email address and make sure it is not getting put into your spam folder. I will not sell, spam or otherwise use the email addresses entered in there without your permission and you can unsubscribe any time.
- RSS Feed. A number of you have put the feed for JazzRochester in a feed reader, such as Feedly. To do that, you can click on the orange RSS feed icon at the top of the blog or just paste the URL for the blog into your feed reader and it should be autodiscovered.
- Twitter. JazzRochester is on Twitter under the handle @jazzrochester. Almost 11,000 Twitter users are following us there from here and all over the world (really, I only need about 15 more as of this posting....). In addition to tweets of every post published on JazzRochester, I occasionally share other information about jazz in Rochester and beyond. I follow as many local jazz artists, artists with connections to Rochester, and folks in the local jazz community as I find on Twitter (I maintain a list). Local Rochester artists and jazz venues should let me know their Twitter handles. You'll also find that I follow a vibrant jazz community of artists, jazz bloggers and jazz organizations from all over the world. I occasionally share interesting jazz links and information about local jazz and jazz artists, and jazz around the world. You can access the feed on Twitter by clicking on the Twitter icon at the top of the blog. You can also share individual posts by clicking on the Twitter icon at the bottom of the post.
- Facebook. About 770 folks have "liked" the JazzRochester page on Facebook. The posts published on the blog are posted there, plus I share other jazz links and information about local jazz events. Feel free to add your own two cents about the Rochester jazz scene. Rochester artists can feel free to do so as well and add their events to the page. If you're on Facebook, I'd appreciate it if you'd head over to the page and "like" us there, even if you're getting the content some other way. Click on the Facebook icon at the top of the page to check it out. Like or share the blog by clicking the links in the right panel under the Search box. Share individual posts by clicking on the icon at the bottom of the post.
- YouTube Channel. On the JazzRochester channel I'm trying to collect video of Rochester jazz artists performances and performances from the Rochester International Jazz Festival. I also subscribe to several jazz-related video feeds. Feel free to let me know about video you've found that can be added there. Not much, but it's a start. Help me out by pointing me to your favorites.
- Or just come back here. There are some I meet around Rochester who are long time readers, but say "I get your emails" and apparently have never been to the blog itself to see all the other information to find here that don't show up in the other platforms you can consume our content through. I encourage you to visit us here anytime! The site should adjust to fit whatever device or screen size you're viewing it on.
Here are some other notes on how we roll here at JazzRochester:
- More about Rochester jazz artists, groups and venues. So you can find out more about local jazz artists or groups, or even listen to some of their music, I have a page with links to their websites. Just click on the ROC Jazz Artists Links link at the top of the blog. I also link to venues that regularly present jazz in our area. Anyone missing? Let me know.
- Are you a ROC area jazz artist or venue? I am trying to reach out directly to local jazz musicians and venues that regularly present jazz through email lists. You can sign up by clicking on the For Local Jazz link at the top of the blog.
- Rochester sounds. I'm trying to hook you up with CDs from local Rochester artists or artists with deep ties here. Just click on the ROC Jazz CDs link at the top of the blog.
- Links. Over the years, I've collected a number of links to jazz information, media and other resources here in Rochester and beyond. I also try to add other resources that feed links to other jazz-related information.
- Looking backward. JazzRochester can be searched by using search box in the right panel to find posts that include a particular artist or click on a category or monthly archive link in the right column to browse through posts.
- Check out the About link at the top of the blog to learn more about JazzRochester and find the "legalities."
Feel free to comment on any post, but keep it nice and try to connect it to the post itself (for example, on the weekly listing posts if you went to see one of the listed gigs, let us know what you thought...). Let me know about what works and doesn't work by sending a question via email through the "Contact Us" link above. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... here, via email, on Twitter, on Facebook, by commenting on a post, or even if you see me at a gig.
So subscribe, "like," or otherwise consume JazzRochester any way that works for you. I won't judge... I'll just try to focus on getting you more information about live jazz in Rochester and beyond.