Got a smartphone? Get XRIJF 2018 on it!
May 05, 2018
The Xerox Rochester International Jazz Festival app for iPhone and Android smartphoneswas made available for download at the end of April. With the 17th Edition starting in in less than eight weeks from June 22 to June 30, the app is a great way to set up your schedule for the festival, which features 1,500 artists from around the world performing in 300-plus shows and events at 20 venues. The free app allows festival-goers to experience the festival anytime, anywhere. The schedule in the app includes all of the music, including the great high school bands and free shows at the library by local artists. It's a great resource for us XRIJF fanatics.
- Artist bios, audio excerpts, links to artist web sites and more.
- Plan your own customized schedule with the Favorites tool, which will send you alerts reminding you that shows are about to start (you have to enable push notifications to do that)
- Share your favorites with friends by connecting the app to your Facebook account. You can also send your schedule of favorites to your email to copy into the spreadsheets I know a lot of you use as a matrix to figure out how much you can squeeze into your 9 days (or less if you're less of a fanatic than I am....).
- Multimedia section will feature videos posted during the festival.
- Easily find venues with Google map links.
- Browse by artist, day or venue.
- Convenient search function allows you to search for concerts and artists.
- Buy tickets and Club Passes.
- Get instant alerts of any schedule change, sell-outs or special news. (again, you'll have to enable push notifications.)
- Get info on getting around the fest, parking, shuttle service, food, street closings, FAQs, travel, sponsor activities and more.
- Connect to our latest social media latest posts including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, all in one place.
The 2018 XRIJF app may be downloaded free of charge for either device here or in through the Apple Store or Google Play Store by searching on "Rochester International Jazz Festival." See you on Jazz Street!