Live jazz in and around Rochester appears to be following a familiar theme with fewer live gigs around Rochester as "Jazz in June" (the jazz fest) begins to come into view. I did not include anything at Woodcliff in this post as their calendar shows nothing in May and I haven't heard, but I expect that there may be the usual suspects there... just call first to find out.
Every Wednesday, every week, you'll find the next seven days of jazz in and around Rochester right here on JazzRochester. Sign up for our email list to get your local jazz goodness every week (plus, whatever else I publish from time to time). Check us out on social media (links at the top of the column to the right). Whatever floats your boat....
If you hear about something that I haven't added below, please drop me a line (use the Contact Us link above), give me the deets and I'll add it. As always, let me know if any gigs below are not happening or if I got something wrong.
Thursday, May 2, 2019
- Hanna PK @ The Rabbit Room (Honeoye Falls), 6:00 pm
- The Djangoners @ The Little Theatre Cafe, 7:00 pm
Friday, May 3, 2019
- Diana Leigh Trio @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant (Farmington), 6:00 pm
- Fred Costello & Roger Eckers Jazz Duo @ Charley Brown's Restaurant, 1675 Penfield Rd., 7:30 pm
- The Beaumonts @ Three Heads Brewing, 8:00 pm
Saturday, May 4, 2019
- Uptown Groove Latin Jazz Duo @ Lulu Taco (Fairport), 2:00 pm
- Greg Wachala @ Lock 32 Brewing (Pittsford), 2:30 pm
- A Taste of Jazz Duo @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant (Farmington), 6:00 pm
- Paradigm Shift @ Linden Street Social (Geneva), 8:00 pm
- Student Non-Degree Recital: Cole Summers, jazz saxophone @ ESM, Messinger Hall 1, 9:00 pm
Sunday, May 5, 2019
- Sofrito Latin Jazz Quintet @ La Casa Mexican Restaurant (Rochester), 12:00 pm
- Uptown Groove Latin Jazz Quintet @ La Casa Mexican Restaurant (Rochester), 3:00 pm
- Paradigm Shift @ 80W, 4:00 pm
- Jazz Experiment TH202J @ ESM, Messinger Hall 1, 7:00 pm
Monday, May 6, 2019
- Paradigm Shift @ Clinic/Performance, Scandling Center Patio, Hobart & William Smith College (Geneva), 2:00 pm
- Max Berlin: In Media Res @ The Little Theatre Cafe, 7:00 pm
Tuesday, May 7, 2019
- Grove Street Jazz Project presented by Rochester Music Hall of Fame in association with the Eastman School of Music @ RMHF, 25 Gibbs St., 7:00 pm
- Jazz Session Series with the Gray Quartet @ The Spirit Room, 139 State Street (Downtown), 7:00 pm
Wednesday, May 8, 2019
- Mike Kaupa @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant (Farmington), 5:30 pm
- The Margaret Explosion @ The Little Theatre Cafe, 7:00 pm
- Jon Seiger @ 80W, 7:00 pm
Miss the Blues and Other Genres on WGMC? Here is a little something for you....
- Phoebe Legere with the Crawdiddies @ Abilene Bar & Lounge, Thursday, May 2nd, 7:30 pm
- Hanna and the Blue Hearts @ Club 86 (Geneva), Friday, May 3rd, 7:00 pm
- Steve Grills and the Roadmasters @ The Little Theatre, Saturday, May 4th, 8:00 pm
Heads Up ... Look for these Jazz Gigs and Special Jazz Events Coming Soon
- Pat Bianchi Trio with Bob Sneider and Mike Melito @ UUU Art Collective, 153 State Street (Rochester), Saturday, May 11th, two sets starting at 8:00 pm
- Bop Shop Records presents The Brian Krock Quartet @ Bop Shop Records, Sunday, May 19th, 8:00 pm
- Bop Shop Records presents Pat Labarbera Quartet @ Bop Shop Records, Wednesday, May 29th, 8:00 pm
- Jazz90.1 Jazz Cruise with Paradigm Shift @ The Colonial Belle, 400 Packett's Landing (Fairport), Monday, June 10th, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (more info and tickets)
We've compiled these gig and event listings from information obtained from our own knowledge of the jazz scene in and around Rochester, the performing artists themselves and other sources. The aim is to give you a one-stop place to find all your live jazz in and around Rochester. Click on the links where available in the post for more information on the gig or tickets where needed. Only music start times are listed, so visit or call the venue for more details about when the doors open, etc. (the websites for many of the venues are in the right panel). Check back as I will add anything I hear about after publication (look for the graphic next to the listing). Lastly, please forgive me where these listings prove to be wrong, I rely on you, the venues and the artists to let me know when we've got bad information, so don't hesitate to let us know about such departures from reality by clicking on the Contact Us link above.