Find some live jazz around Rochester during the last three days of RIJF and beyond .... June 27th through July 3rd
June 26, 2019
You know what I'll be up to during the CGI Rochester International Jazz Festival and, if you wish, check out my festival so far here. While there is some jazz in and around Rochester, I'm afraid I wasn't provided details on too much of it. I also encourage you to check with venues before heading out to anything as things are sometimes kind of fluid during the RIJF.
Every Wednesday, every week, you'll find the next seven days of jazz in and around Rochester right here on JazzRochester. Sign up for our email list to get your local jazz goodness every week (plus, whatever else I publish from time to time). Check us out on social media (links at the top of the column to the right). Whatever floats your boat....
If you hear about something that I haven't added below, please drop me a line (use the Contact Us link above), give me the deets and I'll add it. As always, let me know if any gigs below are not happening or if I got something wrong.
Thursday, June 27, 2019
- The Swooners @ The Horizons Lounge at Woodcliff Hotel, 5:30 pm
- Scott Bradley @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant (Farmington), 5:30 pm
- Salsa Night presented by Essence of Rhythm @ Lovin Cup Bistro & Brews, 8:00 pm
- Bossa Nova Bradley Brothers @ 80W, 8:00 pm
Friday, June 28, 2019
- Ann Mitchell Jazz Duo @ Prosecco Ialian Restaurant (Farmington), 6:00 pm
- Ike Sturm Quartet HEART tour @ 80W, 8:00 pm
Saturday, June 29, 2019
- Ike Sturm Quartet HEART tour @ Immanuel Baptist Church (Park Ave., Rochester), 2:00 pm
- John Palocy & Gary Cummings @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant (Farmington), 6:00 pm
- Special Blend @ The Horizons Lounge at Woodcliff Hotel, 7:30 pm
- The White Hots @ The Little Theatre Cafe, 8:00 pm
Sunday, June 30, 2019
- [email protected]: Summer Jazz Studies: Faculty Concert and Orientation @ ESM, Ray Wright Room, 6:00 pm
- Bill Tiberio and Gregg Herman Quartet @ 80W, 7:00 pm
Monday, July 1, 2019
- Gap Mangione @ St. Ann's Community, 1500 Portland Ave. (Irondequoit) 6:00 pm
- [email protected]: Dave Rivello Ensemble @ Kilbourn Hall, 7:30 pm
Tuesday, July 2, 2019
- Jazz Session Series with the Gray Quartet @ The Spirit Room, 139 State Street (Downtown), 7:30 pm
- [email protected]: Charles Pillow @ Kilbourn Hall, 7:30 pm
Wednesday, July 3, 2019
- Jon Seiger @ Prosecco Italian Restaurant (Farmington), 5:30 pm
- John Palocy Trio with Ann Mitchell @ The Little Theatre Cafe, 7:00 pm
- Concerts by the Shore: Orient Express @ Ontario Beach Park, 4799 Lake Ave (Rochester), 7:00 pm
- [email protected]: Clay Jenkins @ Kilbourn Hall, 7:30 pm
Miss the Blues and Other Genres on WGMC? Here is a little something for you....
- Nothing for you this week, although I'm sure there is much out there. Just go with what I'm sent on this genre....
Heads Up ... Look for these Jazz Gigs and Special Jazz Events Coming Soon
- 12 Annual Webster Jazz Festival @ Downtown Village of Webster, Friday July 19th and Saturday July 20th l (check website for artists, stages and times or wait until I do a separate post a little later...)
- Cabo Frio 40th Anniversary Concert @ Anthology, Saturday, July 27th, 8:00 pm (doors at 7:00 pm) (tickets at Record Archive, Bop Shop Records and online)
- Bop Shop Records and Bop Arts presents the TMT Trio+2 @ Bop Shop Records, Saturday, July 27, 8:00 pm
- Bop Shop Records and Lovin Cup present Stick Men @ Lovin Cup Bistro & Brews, Tuesday, August 6th, 8:00 pm
- Pat Metheny Side Eye @ The Smith Opera House (Geneva), Thursday, August 29th, 8:00 pm (more info and tickets)
- Jazz90.1 Jazz Cruise with Paradigm Shift @ The Colonial Belle, 400 Packett's Landing (Fairport), Monday, August 19th, 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm (more info and tickets) (postponed from June 10)
We've compiled these gig and event listings from information obtained from our own knowledge of the jazz scene in and around Rochester, the performing artists themselves and other sources. The aim is to give you a one-stop place to find all your live jazz in and around Rochester. Click on the links where available in the post for more information on the gig or tickets where needed. Only music start times are listed, so visit or call the venue for more details about when the doors open, etc. (the websites for many of the venues are in the right panel). Check back as I will add anything I hear about after publication (look for the graphic next to the listing). Lastly, please forgive me where these listings prove to be wrong, I rely on you, the venues and the artists to let me know when we've got bad information, so don't hesitate to let us know about such departures from reality by clicking on the Contact Us link above.