JazzRochester has gone through a number of changes of the more than 10 years I've been publishing this blog and continues to change. It has been two years since I published a prior "where to find us" post, so I thought I'd update it...
I like to try and provide readers with as many different avenues to access what we do here on JazzRochester, depending on their preference. To that end, you can get your JazzRochester in a number of ways:
- Email. Over 630 of you get JazzRochester posts. To get us via email, click on the link at the top of the blog and fill out the form to get started. Click on the link in the email that you will be sent to confirm your email address and make sure it is not getting put into your spam folder. I will not sell, spam or otherwise use the email addresses entered in there without your permission and you can unsubscribe any time.
- RSS Feed. A number of you have put the feed for JazzRochester in a feed reader, such as Feedly. An RSS feed is published automatically in Atom 1.0 and RSS formats. It should be auto-discovered by your favorite feed reader.
- Twitter. JazzRochester has been on Twitter since 2006 under the handle @jazzrochester. Almost 12,000 Twitter users are following us there from here and all over the world. In addition to tweets of every post published on JazzRochester, I occasionally share other information about jazz in Rochester and beyond. I follow as many local jazz artists, artists with connections to Rochester, and folks in the local jazz community as I find on Twitter (I maintain a list). Local Rochester artists and jazz venues should let me know their Twitter handles. You'll also find that I follow a vibrant jazz community of artists, jazz bloggers and jazz organizations from all over the world. I occasionally share interesting jazz links and information about local jazz and jazz artists, and jazz around the world. You can access the feed on Twitter by clicking on the Twitter icon at the top of the blog's right panel. You can also share individual posts by clicking on the Twitter icon at the bottom of the post.
- Facebook. Over 1,100 folks have "liked" the JazzRochester page on Facebook. As with Twitter, all posts published on the blog are posted there, plus I share other jazz links and Events. Rochester artists can feel free to do so as well and add their events to the page. If you're on Facebook, I'd appreciate it if you'd head over to the page and "like" us there, even if you're getting our content some other way. Click on the Facebook icon at the top of the page to check it out. Like or share the blog by clicking the links in the right panel under the Search box. Share individual posts by clicking on the icon at the bottom of the post.
- Instagram. JazzRochester is on Instagram and over 350 people follow that channel. For now, I use that channel to share images of live jazz that I go out to hear. You can find a revolving gallery of those images in the right panel.
- YouTube Channel. On the JazzRochester channel I'm trying to collect video of Rochester jazz artists performances and performances from the Rochester International Jazz Festival. I also subscribe to several jazz-related video feeds. Feel free to let me know about video you've found that can be added there. Not much, but it's a start. Help me out by pointing me to your favorites.
- Or just come back here from time to time... There are some I meet around Rochester who are long time readers, but say "I get your emails" and apparently have never been to the blog itself to see all the other information to find here that don't show up in the other platforms you can consume our content through. I encourage you to visit us here anytime! The site should adjust to fit whatever device or screen size you're viewing it on.
Here are some other notes on how we roll here at JazzRochester:
- I'm not the "jazz police". I may occasionally list something that you may not think is "jazz." Although I know what types I like to listen to, I have a broad ear and like to challenge them and don't want to impose my eclectic tastes on you all. It also may be that I'm just not aware of the musician or group and they were listed in another source in the "jazz" category when it is something else. On the latter, reach out to let me know.
- More about Rochester jazz artists, groups and venues. So you can find out more about local jazz artists or groups, or even listen to some of their music, I have a page with links to the websites of local jazz musicians and groups. Just click on the ROC Jazz Artists link up top. I also link to venues that regularly present jazz in our area in the right panel. Anyone or place missing? Let me know.
- Are you a ROC area jazz artist or venue? I am trying to reach out directly to local jazz musicians and venues that regularly present jazz through email lists. Mostly it is reminders for when to send in gig info so you don't miss my publishing dates. You can find out more and sign up by clicking on the Musicians & Venues link at the top.
- Looking backward. JazzRochester can be searched by using search box in the right panel to find posts that include a particular artist or click on a category or monthly archive link in the right column to browse through posts. You can also use the categories to look back. See what was playing in town as far back as 2006.
- Check out the About link at the top of the blog to learn more about JazzRochester and find the "legalities", like our privacy and comment policies.
Let me know about what works and doesn't work by sending a question via email through the "Contact Us" link above. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask... here, via email, on Twitter, on Facebook, by commenting on a post, or even if you see me at a gig.
So subscribe, "like," or otherwise consume JazzRochester any way that works for you. I won't judge... I'll just try to focus on getting more information about live jazz in Rochester and beyond.