No, it's not streaming... it's live! Opening just before the pandemic caused closures of jazz venues throughout the area, the 75 Stutson Street multi-event facility, located in an old church at that namesake address in Charlotte, is dipping its toes into presenting jazz regularly on Thursdays.
So far the owners have scheduled a series of mostly jazz and blues bands, many who have not had a chance to gig before a live audience in quite some time. Here is who will be playing in the next few weeks:
- Bill Tiberio Band (September 24th)
- Soul Chameleon (October 1st)
- Jimmie Highsmith Jr. (October 8th)
- Laura Dubin October 15th)
- Uptown Groove Quartet (October 22nd)
- Blonde Over Boo (October 29th)
- Bill Schmitt and the Bluesmasters (November 5th)
- Paradigm Shift (November 19th)
There are other concerts scheduled into December as well... well one can hope. Of course, Covid-19 guidelines will be in-place. The venue is limited to 50 patrons, seated in a HEPA filtrated Auditorium, cabaret style and socially distanced as you can see in the image. Masks are required unless seated at a table.
Doors open at 7:30 pm. The concert will be from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm. There is a $20 suggested donation. Call 615-4551 for reservations, which are suggested due to the limited seating.